Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Island of Misfit Toys

My office consists of 8 people, 2 in my department, 2 in roll-off, 3 in commercial and one driver who broke his arm on the job and is filling in as a dispatcher until he's all healed.  He is definitely a different breed of person.  He's the typical trashman.  Older, half his teeth, large, kinda stinky.  Sense of humor and conversational skills leave something to be desired.

The kid that works in the office with him is probably the nicest, most patient person alive.  He always laughs at the stupid jokes, starts conversations and makes him feel included in our silly office jokes.  But then he walks to my office and talks about how he can't stand him.

It makes me wonder.  I am not like the other people in my office.  I'm older, I'm not nearly hip enough, I make stupid jokes.  So, is this really how they feel about me when in another office? 

I may work on this more.  I only get to write whilst at work and that doesn't leave me much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment